We want you to know that we have been continuing the closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and listen to all policies and suggestions regarding maintaining a safe and healthy environment for dancers and families. In light of the rapidly changing landscape and compelling new information, especially within the last 24 hours, we will be following the lead of our school counties and will close for the next 2 weeks effective immediately. There have been many governmental bans put into place regarding gatherings of people, and massive cancellations of schools, universities, concerts and rallies. This COVID-19 pandemic is evolving by the hour and of course, and while none of us have the full scope of information, we do feel that it isn’t currently responsible for the RDA to stay open.
We will reassess the situation after this 2 week period. I am proposing that classes will now continue after Memorial Day weekend: May 26th through to June 6th. These dates are subject to change based on the ever changing situation. Below you will find a updated list of events that the RDA is involved in. I will continue to monitor any events that are not yet cancelled or post-poned.
1. March 14th– Beyond Reel Acting Workshop Cancelled
Ruth Page Audition Postponed
2. Ballet Fest– Pending Postponement. Decision by March 17th
3. Onstage NY– Pending Postponement. Decision by end of day
4. RAD EXAMINATIONS– examinations are sadly postponed. We are looking to reschedule them the end of May beginning of June. We will create a schedule that allows the students to maintain their syllabus work balanced with open classes and spring show rehearsal.
5. NYCDA Atlanta– Currently no change
6. Bravo– Currently no change
7. RDA Spring show May 30th- Currently no change
We are here to answer questions or concerns. Because we are turning around this decision as you are likely reading this, we are asking for your patience and understanding while we get back with you with any answers you made need. Please know that we are truly disappointed about this decision, but at this time, know that the right decision is to focus on the health and safety of our families.
We will be in touch soon with updates.